Dads Army out in force
At the start of May 2016, Club President, Dave Townsend aka Captain Mannering) put together a (growing) list of jobs that needed to be done in and around the club in preparation for the new season. This list included jobs ranging from back-breaking to straight forward and to the shame of anyone under the age of 40 at the club a majority of the work has been completed by a hardy team of volunteers who quite frankly should be enjoying a cold pint of cider in the sun rather than slogging their guts out !
- Saturday – 4/6/16 – 10.00 start
- Saturday – 11/6/16 – 10.00 start
- Tuesday – 14:6/16 – 18.00 start
There are still a number of jobs that need to be completed and the following dates have been identified. Please make absolutely every effort to turn up and offer your help, if only for an hour.
- Finish off viewing gallery ( brick work and more painting)
- Empty / tidy up M&Y kit container
- Tidy up groundsman area and put back fences
- Paint training pitch barriers / rugby posts
- Build scaffold pole height restriction along side road to pitches
- Club house internal painting
- All picnic benches outside furniture to have a coat of stain
- Many small jobs including:
- De mud channel in training room corridor,
- fix score board,
- wall and small fence by club entrance,
- paint upstairs.
- Shower room ceiling and walls, other painting where appropriate